Members Choice is opening up our branch lobbies, slowly and in phases, to help keep our employees and members safe.
On April 27, 2020, Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued Executive Order GA-18 (GA-18) regarding the reopening of Texas businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. GA-18 permitted essential services to continue operations, and expanded the types of businesses authorized to reopen on May 1, 2020, including retailers, restaurants, movie theaters, museums and libraries, contact-free outdoor sports, places of worship, and single-person offices, nearly all of which were subject to a 25% occupancy restriction. GA-18 was part of the Governor’s 3-phase plan for reopening the state and was issued in tandem with a report entitled Texans Helping Texans: The Governor's Report to Open Texas (the “Governor’s report”).Starting May 18th, Members Choice is also moving into Phase Two of our "opening up" plan and will be following our plan to open up branch lobbies in a safe way. Our lobbies in branches are now accessible to our members, with social distancing in place. For security purposes, when you do wear a mask into one of our branches, you will be asked to remove it from your face temporarily when doing an identity check. We encourage you to continue to use our drive-up windows and online/mobile banking options when conducting most normal transactions.
In most instances, our plan will mirror the plan for Texas. We have put social distancing measures in place in our branches, staff will be following extra sanitization protocols, and we will continue to wear masks while the current Harris County mask order is in place. We will also be mindful of the unique needs of our staff and members, determining what is best for both groups during this transition.
|Phase One||Phase Two||Phase Three|
|Started April 27, 2020||Starts May 18, 2020||TBD|
Lobby access by appointment only.
Lobbies open with a limited number of members in the lobby at a time:
Lobbies open with no restrictions.
Private branches at the ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66 offices will open in accordance with the opening of those office buildings.
Here's what social distancing measures are in place when you visit one of our branch lobbies.
- When approaching the lobby, the front door will contain helpful signage about the health and safety measures in place, including mask and hand sanitizing procedures. The door signage also has a quick reference on the social distancing occupancy so that you'll know the maximum number of members in the lobby at that location.
- Upon arrival, you'll be guided to an associate for immediate assistance, or to a waiting area that provides social distancing.
- Floor markers have been installed to help with social distancing within the lobbies.
- Clear plexiglass dividers are installed at transaction stations, and desks for account and loan openings.
- All counters and workstations are wiped down between every visitor, and there is added routine sanitization throughout the day for high-touch areas.
If for any reason the branch is at social distancing capacity when you visit, you'll be given an estimated wait time. You are also welcome to make an appointment for any services, should you prefer.
Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated during the "opening up" phases. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at 281.398.9900 or online through our COVID-19 response form.